Charities, Education and KLC Around Town
Giving back to a community that has done so much to support us is very important to the staff at Kerbey Lane Café. Through small charitable donations and large company wide donation drives we are continuously giving back to the Austin community. Check out our gallery of charitable events:
- Kerbey Lane Cafe participated in the shoreline clean-up for the Colorado River Foundation/KAB and donated $500 to better the cleanliness of Lake Travis.
- Kerbey Lane Cafe organized a team to run in the 2010 Austin Race for the Cure. We also donated nearly $6K to Susan G. Komen Austin from the proceeds made by the sale of pink pancakes and our own Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirt.
- Kerbey Lane Cafe sponsored a water stop at the 2009 Austin Race for the Cure. We also participated in Pink Parties supported by the Breast Cancer Resource Center.
- Kerbey Lane Cafe staff volunteered at the 2009 Special Olympics.
- Each year in November and December Kerbey Lane Cafe host’s a can and cookie drive at all of our locations to help raise money for the Capital Area Food Bank of Texas.
Here is a small list of charities we have supported through gift card and cash donations:
Austin Habitat for Humanity, American Veterans, American Heart Association, Austin Pet’s Alive, Breast Cancer Resource Center of Texas, Capital Area Food Bank, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life, Sustainable Food Center, Austin Race for the Cure, Mothers Against Drunk Driving, NAMI, Texas Army National Guard, Ben Hur Shrine Circus, United Kingdom, Texas Parent to Parent, Amala Foundation, Hospice of Austin, Project Transitions, CASA of Travis County and many many more…
Supporting education and our local schools has always been one of the most important charitable causes for Kerbey Lane Café. As Partners in Education, Kerbey Lane sponsors five schools:
Ortega Elementary, Burnet Middle School, Blackshear Elementary, Crockett High school and Brooke Elementary. We have also supported several other Austin schools through gift card and cash donations.
Since we consider ourselves to be a huge part of the Austin community, we like to stay a part of that community and get involved as often as we can.
Check out our photos at ACL, Hope Farmers Market Urban Bicycle Tour and Reggae Fest. Trying to help spread the Texas name, Kerbey Lane Cafe headed to Washington DC to the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show.